America's #1 Golf Internship
The Wisconsin State Golf Association (WSGA) is hiring an intern in 2021 to spend the summer getting paid to play golf -- 50 rounds in 10 weeks to be exact. America’s #1 Golf Internship will be an epic journey across the Badger state experiencing some of the finest golf in the country.
America's #1 Golf Internship
Press release: LINK
Course images: LINK
The Wisconsin State Golf Association (WSGA) is hiring an intern in 2021 to spend the summer getting paid to play golf — 50 rounds in 10 weeks to be exact. America’s #1 Golf Internship will be an epic journey across the Badger state experiencing some of the finest golf in the country. Ideal candidates will be responsible, have a passion for golf and adventure, social media savvy, a bit of creativity, photography skills and an outgoing, positive personality.
– Job title: America’s #1 Golf Internship
– Reporting relationship: Reports to the Executive Director
– Travel required: Extensive
– Anticipated start date: June 1, 2021
– Anticipated end date: Aug. 15, 2021
– Travel extensively throughout Wisconsin, playing a round of golf at 50 different courses over 10 weeks.
– Contact courses in advance of visit to confirm details.
– Change/modify plans as needed based on weather and other factors.
– Some rounds may be played alone, while some rounds might be played with others selected by the course or WSGA.
– Grow engagement of Wisconsin golf via social media.
– Capture memorable photos of each course for use on social media that also will be provided to the course for use.
– Perform additional duties assigned by the Executive Director.
– High level of personal responsibility and self-motivation.
– Strong passion and knowledge of golf (playing experience preferred).
– Strong knowledge of Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms.
– Excellent photography skills using a smartphone (DSLR and drone skills preferred).
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable automobile with the ability to travel in the state of Wisconsin.
– Willing to work weekends, early mornings and long days as needed.
– Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Compensation & Benefits
– Pay: $10/hour
– Other benefits: Mileage reimbursement for use of personal vehicle, golf apparel, lodging and meal stipend
Initial applications will be submitted via social media. On Twitter, quote tweet the post about America’s #1 Golf Internship, share on Facebook, or on Instagram, create a post or add our post about America’s #1 Golf Internship to your story using #hiremeWSGA and #1golfinternship. Get creative and show us why we should hire you! The application deadline is April 1 and those who standout on social media will be invited to the next stage of the interview process. The individual hired for America’s #1 Golf Internship will be announced on May 1 with an anticipated start date of June 1.
Rob Jansen, Executive Director
Wisconsin State Golf Association
About the Wisconsin State Golf Association
The WSGA is a nonprofit organization that serves as the state’s governing body for amateur golf with eight full-time staff members and four summer interns. Founded in 1901, the WSGA is dedicated to promoting and conserving the game, throughout the state of Wisconsin and providing key services to its membership of over 350 clubs and more than 40,000 individual golfers. The WSGA administers over 80 tournaments each year, including men’s and women’s tournaments and championships, junior championships, as well as WSGA and USGA qualifying events. The WSGA offices are located at the Golf House of Wisconsin, which also houses the Wisconsin PGA, Golf Course Owners of Wisconsin, Senior Golf Association of Wisconsin and The First Tee of Southeast Wisconsin.