A WSGA membership is more than just a way to support golf in Wisconsin.
Brown Deer Park Golf Course
Official USGA Handicap Index
- The WSGA is the only authorized golf association in Wisconsin licensed by the USGA to utilize the USGA’s Handicapping System.
- A WSGA handicap allows members to compete in more than 80 annual state competitions.
- A WSGA handicap is the most widely used & accepted system in Wisconsin by public and private clubs.
- Members can enter scores from a course kiosk computer, the WSGA website, or a mobile device.
- Scores are instantly available across all sources.
Hole-by-hole posting and stat tracking
- Handicap scores can be posted as gross scores or hole-by-hole scores.
- Stat tracking is available for hole-by-hole scores and includes stats such as putts, penalty strokes, greens in regulation, and sand saves.
Golf Digest Subscription
- One year subscription to Golf Digest with print and digital access.
WSGA mobile app
- WSGA mobile app, available for Apple and Android devices, includes mobile score posting and handicap lookup, tournament information and results, a national course directory, and WSGA news.
Wisconsin Golfer magazine
- All members receive a subscription Wisconsin Golfer, a digital monthly magazine featuring course articles, tournament summaries and travel features.
Wisconsin Golf Yearbook and Course Directory
- All members receive a printed Wisconsin Golf Yearbook and Course Directory each spring, featuring a listing of all Wisconsin courses.
WSGA Tournaments and Championships
- WSGA members are eligible to compete in over 80 WSGA tournaments and championships for players of all abilities.
Thanks to a partnership with StrackaLine, books can be purchased for a reduced price. A 25% off discount will be automatically added to your shopping cart at checkout.
StrackaLine Yardage Books are available for all courses. StrackaLine Greens Guides & Combination Books are available for select courses. CLICK HERE for the listing of WA Golf championship host courses. For additional information on the books and additional courses available, CLICK HERE.
Since 2007, StrackaLine is the trusted Greens Guides and Yardage Book supplier to all the touring professionals, collegiate teams, and all levels of amateur golf. StrackaLine’s USGA compliant greens guides offer a level of detail and accuracy not available anywhere else for the most precise green reading. The yardage books include complete tee-to-green measurements for every hole. StrackaLine books elevate the overall level of play for any golfer, improves their scores by making more putts and will guarantee to help save strokes under critical tournament situations.
The StrackaLine Combination books (Greens Guides and Yardage in one book) includes the following:
- USGA compliant Greens Guides with:
- 3 different green depictions:
- Slope % view.
- Slope heat map view.
- Elevation View.
- Stats and notes page.
- 3 different green depictions:
- Yardage book portion includes complete tee to green measurements for every hole along with:
- Elevation changes tee to green.
- Cover distance to bunkers and penalty areas.
- Distance Rings.
- Compass off tee shot and to greens.
- Fairway arrows (when available).
- Width of Key areas such as penalty to penalty areas.
See the attached brochure or one of the above links for more information.
The best players in the world are using StrackaLine books and you can too!
Member Benefits Program
- WSGA members receive discounted golf opportunities at top courses in Wisconsin and around the country.
- WSGA members making a hole-in-one receive a certificate of recognition.
BlueGolf tournament management system
- Web-based tournament management system available to WSGA member clubs features direct link with WSGA handicap system for tournament setup.
- Tournament formats include stroke play, match play, better ball, stableford, and more. Run events from multiple tees.
Support golf in Wisconsin
- WSGA member fees go to support the game of golf in Wisconsin. The WSGA’s full-time staff manages the handicap system, conducts tournaments and championships, measures and rates course, and more.
- Through the WSGA Foundation, the WSGA supports growth of the game initiatives such as at-risk high school golf programs.