A WSGA membership is more than just a way to support golf in Wisconsin.
Brown Deer Park Golf Course
Official USGA Handicap Index
- The WSGA is the only authorized golf association in Wisconsin licensed by the USGA to utilize the USGA’s Handicapping System.
- A WSGA handicap allows members to compete in more than 50 annual state competitions.
- A WSGA handicap is the most widely used & accepted system in Wisconsin by public and private clubs for intra-club and inter-club events.
Internet based, single database system
- Members can enter scores from a course kiosk computer, the WSGA website, or a mobile device.
- Scores are instantly available across all sources.
Hole-by-hole posting and stat tracking
- Handicap scores can be posted as gross scores or hole-by-hole scores.
- Stat tracking is available for hole-by-hole scores and includes stats such as putts, penalty strokes, greens in regulation, and sand saves.
WSGA mobile app
- WSGA mobile app, available for Apple and Android devices, includes mobile score posting and handicap lookup, tournament information and results, a national course directory, and WSGA news.
Access to International Golf Network
- Members of multiple associations can link records through the International Golf Network (IGN).
- Scores posted to the other handicap record are automatically routed to your WSGA record.
Wisconsin Golfer magazine
- All members receive a subscription Wisconsin Golfer, a digital bi-monthly magazine featuring course articles, tournament summaries and travel features.
Wisconsin Golf Yearbook and Course Directory
- All members receive a printed Wisconsin Golf Yearbook and Course Directory each spring, featuring a listing of all Wisconsin courses.
WSGA tournaments and championships
- WSGA members are eligible to compete in over 50 WSGA tournaments and championships for players of all abilities.
Member Benefits Program
- WSGA members receive discounted ticket opportunities from the Milwaukee Brewers, Milwaukee Bucks, and other various attractions.
- WSGA members making a hole-in-one receive a certificate of recognition.
BlueGolf tournament management system
- Web-based tournament management system available to WSGA member clubs features direct link with WSGA handicap system for tournament setup.
- Tournament formats include stroke play, match play, better ball, stableford, and more. Run events from multiple tees.
Support golf in Wisconsin
- WSGA member fees go to support the game of golf in Wisconsin. The WSGA’s full-time staff manages the handicap system, conducts tournaments and championships, measures and rates course, and more.
- Through the WSGA Foundation, the WSGA supports growth of the game initiatives such as at-risk high school golf programs.